joeiandmichelle.blogspot.com

Road To 21K

by: Joei & Michelle

Half Marathon Training Plan for Beginners.

By April 14, 2016 , , , , , ,


We are running our first half marathon in May and like I mentioned in a previous post, I know this is something that I just can't 'wing'.  So I researched on half marathon training plans available online and found a few. Nike also sent a program through email right after we signed up for the half marathon.

I went through all of the plans and although they have similar goals, they differ in the frequency of the trainings (run everyday or 3x a week) and the length of the program (12 week training or 10 week training).  All of them are good plans but to be honest, I was a bit overwhelmed.

Luckily, I found a 'friendly' training plan (aka something that's feasible for a beginner like me) from Runner's World that I can follow.   I'm not claiming it's the best one but for someone who doesn't really work out or go to the gym, this is doable so I wanted to share it with you as well.




Don't be pressured about it though.  To be honest, I have not followed this training plan to a T.  We are supposed to be at Week 6 but the longest I've done is only 11km and I get to run only once or twice a week.  But starting Saturday, I'll try to follow it as religiously as I can.  The half marathon is only a few weeks away!


You Might Also Like

0 comments