joeiandmichelle.blogspot.com

Road To 21K

by: Joei & Michelle

Running With Friends.

By April 10, 2016 , , , , , , , , , , ,


Last night, while everyone was in Paradise to see Kanye, my high school friends and I jogged around the village. Is this a sign that we're getting old?? :D  Not everyone in the group (including myself) is the running type but recently, everyone has been into fitness and it's helped me a lot towards achieving my goal.




Michelle and I have not yet trained together so I asked her if she wanted to join us that night. We ran together for the first five kilometers and I thought I wouldn't be able to make it so I told Michelle to go ahead. I was starting to head back to the house of our friend Steeve which is our meeting point when my Nike running app notified me that I had 4 kilometers to go. My initial thought was, "Sayang! Four kilometers na lang!". So I started running again and decided to do a fartlek (for more information about it, read my blog post about My First 11K). Before I knew it, I was already at the 10th kilometer mark. 




Here are the girls who finished 10K too..Michelle, Monic, and Ochie.




Since I joined the Nike half marathon, this is my first 10K outside. This is also my first run after I got sick. I was tired but it felt good! So I rewarded myself with my favorite steak from Bugsy's Alabang.






Before I end this post, I want to share my stats via the Nike Running app. I still have a lot to improve on, especially my pace and endurance, but now that I understand all these concepts, it's going to be easier for me. Michelle and I will talk about these terminologies and the Nike Running app more in our next posts.





You Might Also Like

0 comments