joeiandmichelle.blogspot.com

Road To 21K

by: Joei & Michelle

Runnr's Footworx The Science of Running.

By April 12, 2016 , , , , , , , , , ,


Michelle and I are thinking of getting new running shoes and when we asked our athlete and runner friends for recommendations, all of them said the same thing.. To have our feet assessed first. So one weekend, Michelle and I went to Runnr in Bonifacio High Street to do the Video Gait Analysis.


We were first asked to step on a plate to determine what our arch is. Both Michelle and I have normal arches. All the while I thought I was flat footed!


Next, we were asked to run for 15 seconds at a treadmill speed of 9.0.  We just ate and I was so full that I was scared of throwing up while running :D


We were then shown our feet alignment. Michelle and I both need Neutral Shoes (cushion-based).



We thought that would narrow down our choices but then there's still a whole rack to choose from!





There are several shoes from Nike, Underarmour, and Adidas. But it's my first time to be introduced to Brooks and Saucony. I told you I'm not a runner.



Until now, I still don't know what shoe to get or if I should even get one. I want a pair that I can use for half marathons and marathons (eek!) since I already have sneakers in my house which I can use for quick 3K or 5K runs. Right now, I'm using the Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit and my feet are fine. But the longest I've used them is for 10K. I wonder how it'll fare for longer distances. 

How about you? What shoe can you recommend for long distance runs?


You Might Also Like

0 comments